Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Weekend

I live in a seasonal area...local businesses live for great weather throughout the summer and early fall. And the towns do a great job of trying to extend the season as much as possible by planning events that will draw a crowd. This weekend was just that...it was Bike Week in Ocean City, MD and we had fabulous weather!





Bike Week is always fun...you see all kinds of bikes and people...and they flock to this area in droves. I really noticed a lot of bikes in the area as early as Wednesday and by Saturday they were EVERYWHERE! There was the constant rumble anywhere you went and all night long. My husband and I use to ride and we really enjoyed it but that was pre-kid. Now we can only reminisce, possibly when they get older we will take it up again.







Wouldn't it figure that since we live at the beach that we don't go? I'm such a bad mom...we get so busy in the summer and the beach is always pushed to the back burner. Saturday was so nice though that we did go...it was so peaceful and relaxing...and not hot! We always try to go in the "off season" because it's not too crowded and the water is still warm. The kids loved it! My son was pounded by the waves, while my daughter stays closer to shore. And me...well I sat on the beach and watched them. So nice... My son was so exhausted by the time we left, it wasn't sure if he was going to be able to walk back to the car.



Sunday we all went kayaking together...this is something that we enjoy to do together as a family. It's a chance for us to get away from the phone, TV, and computer, get out and explore the waterway around us, see lots of wildlife and best of all exercise! So much fun!


Overall it was a great weekend...but I didn't get any projects started or finished...Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelby
    Glad you had a great weekend! The weather was perfect for it. Also glad you made it to the beach, now that the tourists (like us!) have left. It looks like you had so much fun...the pictures sure made me miss being there. :-( Your day kayaking looked wonderful too. I think this weekend it's going to get cooler and rainy so it's great you got to enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete