Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On a Mission

Over the years I have collected a load of beads and silver beads and components. Most of the time, I purchase beads and components that I like and have no idea how I am going to incorporate the items in my designs. Hence, some beads I have had for years and they keep getting pushed to the bottom of the pile which leaves me wondering...Why? did I buy these? Does this ever happen to you?
Now I'm on a mission to use up some of my stash. I even wrote this on my "to do" list. This is my first project to include components and beads that I've had forever. I must admit, at first I had a really hard time with it. The long tubes were what was presenting the problem (and I have A LOT of them...yikes!). I have wrapped them in wire and am really please with the look. Next time I use the tubes I think I might saw them in half, they're just too long.


Bumps in the Road ~ Sterling Silver Wirework & Pearl Necklace


6 comments:

  1. I like how long they are. Perhaps for a bracelet with other beads in between?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous piece...I love the name! Such a interesting way to use the tubes...just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wire wrapping the tubes was a great idea. Makes them much more interesting without over powering the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name too. The wrapped wire really gives them a unique look and I really like the combination with the pearls. Wonderful job, Roomie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used them! Don't we all have a hoard of beads? On the other hand, when I am creating - I would hate to have to stop to buy beads and then wait for over a week to get them... so I need a stash to work from.

    ReplyDelete