Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just in Time for Summer

Can you believe it almost Memorial Day? For us, this is the official start of summer, lots of fun in the sand and sun:) I'm busy as a little bee, planning and attending activities at school, getting ready for an art show, tending to the garden, and wrapping up the softball season.

Summer is what inspired my picks for this months Artbeads.com blogging community. Nothing makes me think summer more than the beach. I love to walk along the surf looking for items out of the ordinary. I'm enamored by sea creatures and typically try to go to the beach as soon as possible after a storm to see what has washed ashore.

This necklace made me think of just that...the fun of scouring the beach after a storm. The glass beads are paired with freshwater pearls with a Swarovski Starfish pendant.

Washed Ashore


I love the Swarovski starfish bead! I just can't seem to get enough of them. They are available in so many colors, but the indicolite is by far my favorite color. The lampwork beads were also one of my picks. I got a WHOLE strand of them...way more than I expected. I'll have these in my stash for a while. The sterling bead caps are available in my Etsy shop.


Gulf Stream


One of the other things I love about summer is the wildlife. And we have quite a bit, fox, owls, deer, squirrel. There are many a night when I'm awakened by hooting. I enjoy hearing the owls call, even in the middle of the night. The sterling owl charm was a must have for this earth tone bracelet.

Late Night Calls



Summer also brings more laid back, not so rush, rush days, and we could probably all deal with a little more of that:)

These products were received free from Artbeads.com and I have not been paid to endorse these products.

9 comments:

  1. Ah,I can hear the waves! And that owl bracelet is so cute. We have them here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful starfish necklace! I love the colors, and funny thing, Jen (of Jen Judd Rocks)just made a blue and gold set that I love....and I went to the torch and worked on one too! It's a beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue and gold combination is lovely. Actually all of the colour combinations you've used are beautiful. I am always in love with your wire work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces, Shelby - I love the color combinations you chose. The owl charm is one of my favorites too!

    :-) Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new pieces are so pretty, and fresh for Spring. I too adore the beach, and all that it offers up on a morning stroll. Hope your holiday weekend is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, but I am really drawn to the Late Night piece! So earthy, and organic....it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue and gold colors in the first necklace, but that last bracelet is wonderfully comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit:) i highly recommend you sign up for Kelly Rae's Flying Lessons! You could easily catch up over the weekend and we would love to have you. You may even find yourself trying things you never thought you would...like writing your best quality on your body for the world to see!! It really was empowering and I'm so glad you liked the photo!!! Hope to see you at the course.

    Joella
    http://oneartsychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great designs! They have some beautiful wiring, and wonderful beads and colors! Excellent. Thanks so much for stopping by, really appreciate you leaving a warm comment. Take care, Riki

    ReplyDelete