Monday, September 13, 2010

Couldn't Ask for Better

Okay, so Saturday was fabulous! I exhibited my wears at the Bethany Beach Arts Festival. I had a great, new location with lots of traffic, the weather was absolutely fabulous, and I was near the band. Yes, Yes, & YES! And Sunday, a little drizzly in the morning, we need rain desperately, and great day for working in the shop.



But Saturday didn't get off to such a great start. I was running later than I wanted, and then ended up chasing around a couple of our chickens in my skirt and wedge thongs, getting my feet all wet from the dew...I'm sure it was a sight to see (and hear) as I was already stressed out. But once I arrived at the venue, my morning did a complete 360. There was a new, rocking spot, and set up was a breeze! I've finally gotten set up down to a science. Good thing I had planned for plenty of time setting up...while the show wasn't officially to start until 10, by 9:30 it was SO busy! I didn't even get a picture of my booth without any people in it. And so the day went on...lots of people, browsing, buying, making conversation...before I knew it, it was time to pack up. I love shows like this!

Remember my silent auction bangles from the previous post? Go figure...my sister, who is SO dear for helping me out...Thank You, bid and won them. So I donated them, and ended up paying for them and carrying them back home to deliver to her. It was really quite funny when the volunteer brought them back to me. I was a little confused and couldn't  understand why she was handing them to me...All I really saw was her handing them back to me...and not really listening to what she was saying. She must have thought I was a dope, but finally I understood what she was trying to tell me.




Sunday was a lovely, dreary day. Instead of focusing on the cleaning that my house needs, I ran out to the shop and got busy making a couple prototypes for the leaf charm swap that I'm participating in during ArtBliss. Sorry, no pictures, but I had a great time getting them hammered out.

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend as well.


4 comments:

  1. congrats on a great show!! I am loving those framed lampwork earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool earrings! So glad you had a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start on my leaf charms! I am not surprised you had a lot of traffic at your booth. Your wire jewelry is stunning. Very cool earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those earrings!

    I've always wondered about doing that show but haven't even managed to make it down to go shop. Shoot, I haven't even been to Bethany Beach at ALL and I live too close to be saying that.

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete