Thursday, April 12, 2012

Learning & A Road Trip

As stated in my last post, I have gotten some leather to work with. Well, I think it's gonna be a little more of a learning curve than originally thought! Of course it might help if I search out how to knot correctly, and I'm sure there are some other basics that I should know. But, that's not my style, LOL! All that matters is I had fun, learned, and maybe even had a temper tantrum or two in the beginning. I struggled to make leather cord try and fit into a hole that was just. not. big. enough. Even drilling some beads, still without much success. Must come up with a new game plan. Alas, it was not a total waste! Through all my efforts, I came up with this necklace. It's not exactly what I had planned but I'm happy with it none the less.


In the Weeds - Crimson Leather, Copper, Turquoise & Wood Necklace
Look for this in my Etsy shop this afternoon


On another note, tomorrow I will be taking a road trip with my friend Dawn. Who incidentally just started her own blog Turtle Moon Designs, scoot on over and check her out. She makes wonderful, whimsical mixed metal jewelry. But, that's right, we're headed to Bead Fest Spring, but only for the day, so it will be a shop till you drop event! And, I super excited! Especially since I'll be joined by such a great, like minded, friend. Anyone else going?

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, I know many people going to meet up at BF bummed I can't join you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leather necklace, I've played with it as well. You're right, not as easy as you think, but great texture and dimension. Had such a great day at the Bead Fest with you. Thanks for inviting me along. Still drooling over all my goodies. Now I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete