Friday, May 11, 2012

Busy, Busy

It's been a bit of a hectic week. No, not only creating jewelry - although it never fails, my muse speaks to me when there is no pencil or paper within reach - but busy on the home front. On Tuesday, both of the kids had field trips, one going to Baltimore and my son heading to Philadelphia, with me in tow as a chaperon. I've lived here on the Eastern Shore all my life and never been to Philly, so I was really looking forward to the trip. We hit a lot of the historical high points in Philadelphia.

Independence Hall


Christ Church Burial Ground, where Benjamin Franklin and other signors of the Declaration of Independence are laid to rest


and many other sites, but unfortunately not many pictures were taken because we were moving at a pretty quick pace with 20 kids to keep track of.

Fortunately the rain held off until we were loaded back on the bus. The skyline was beautiful on the way out of town, against an overcast sky.


It was a long but great day. I learned so much, that I probably knew at one point but have long since forgotten. And best of all, my son told me that night before he went to bed how happy he was that I went with them. These little things mean so much!

Our garden is also keeping us on our toes:)


Strawberries are on! And there are plenty that need pickin'! Thank goodness I have plenty of help!

And today I'm off to go have Mother's Day Tea with my daughter at school.

Tis the time of year that we are running all the time, but I wouldn't want it any other way :)

Have a great weekend!
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and those who mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment