Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Playing with Others

A few weeks ago fellow Etsian Susan from Jackson River Glass contacted me about a possible collaboration. She would send a couple boro glass cabochons for me to set. Of course I was super excited, as I'd never really done a collaboration before, and quickly agreed. She sent a wonderful array of cabs, a variety of colors in a range of sizes, small to biggerish. 

It took me a little bit to get started, as summer is in full swing and the hours seems to disappear from the days. But finally, here are some of the pieces I created with her cabochons.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but this cab is a swirl of navy blue and dark green. The green has little flecks that look like sparkles or star dust, not a lot just a hint. The cab looked like what I would imagine would be the view of a nebula, so I wanted to go all the way with a celestial inspired pendant. 


For forever, I've been wanting to make some stacking rings. So not time like the present with this little cab. It's only about 10mm, pretty amber and pinkish colors and I really like the look of the mixed metals.


And finally, this necklace was kept more simple, as I really like the colors in the cabochon and wanted to showcase the bead.


I'm looking forward to working with the cabs that are left but in the meantime, all these pieces are in my Etsy shop

Shelby




3 comments:

  1. Great collaboration of talent! I really love what you created with Susan's cabochons. Stunning! My favorite is the ring-love it's contemporary style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, them all. Especially the ring!

    ReplyDelete