Monday, March 23, 2009

Oil Spill Pendant



Oil Spill~Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Pendant





I was so excited upon receiving these beads! Couldn't wait to create a new something. The focal bead is so much larger than the others so I wanted to make a pendant using it.


This is how it turned out. This bead is large and chunky (22 mm x 30 mm), and I wanted the wirework to compliment it well without covering up the metallic finish and raised bumps. The bead is framed in coiled fine gauge wire, followed with another wrap of a medium gauge wire. The base and top loops are also coiled, and the top is embellished with hammered cascading spirals.


I am very please with the results! I almost hate to sell it...but I did save the largest of the smaller beads for moi.

Be sure to check this Oil Spill Pendant out in my etsy shop.

5 comments:

  1. Nice pendant! I love the bead, and the metal scrolls look great around it. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is beautiful! Great work. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moley! That's stunning! The bead and your wirework!

    ReplyDelete