Thursday, October 15, 2009

Earring Exchange



I'm participating in the Thanksgiving Treasures Earring Exchange that Leslie Zabel of Bei Mondi is hosting. This is the first exchange/swap that I have ever participated in, and I found it a huge challenge creating for someone who I knew little about. I always tend to over analyze these types of things due to the fact that I want them to be happy with what I present.


I was so excited, as soon as I found out who my "secret" person was, I wanted to get started on creating the earrings right away. While I didn't get time to actually work on the earrings immediately, I had time to think about the color combinations, choice of metal, and imagine in my mind what I wanted to create. Earlier this week, I did finally get a chance to make the earrings that I had imagined. I deviated a little from the favorite type of bead, but once I got started the design just started to flow. And the mysterious recipient seems like she is probably a little laid back, I don't think she will mind. I am super happy with the earrings and I hope that she enjoys them as much as I enjoyed creating them. I'm dying to post a picture of what I came up with, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Now, I'm off to the post office today to mail my labor of love.

Many thanks to Leslie for coming up with this idea, this was so much fun! And I discovered a few great new blogs along the way. Can't wait to see what everyone receives! I know it's a little early yet...did I mention that I was excited about doing this exchange.

7 comments:

  1. exchanges are fun, but challenging for the reasons you stated... you don't know the person! i am sure she will love what you came up with, cannot wait to see everyone's designs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your mystery earrings sound awesome! I'm sure the recipient will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you made the earrings already for the Thanksgiving Treasure Earring Exchange and got them in the mail. I am looking forward working on mind this weekend..this is lots of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to see what they look like! Your post made me realize I need to get moving on this, lol! I started thinking about my design, then ordered some special supplies for it, so I will get to work on my earrings soon. I am sure the recipient will LOVE yours!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're ahead of the game, Shelby! I need to get cracking!! I am horrible with procrastination..as I like to let ideas "simmer" until I'm in panic mode! Can't wait to see your beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds exciting...wish we could see what you made. I am sure the lucky recipient will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Shelby! You are "on the ball"! Your packaging looks lovely and I can't wait for the big reveal. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete