Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting in the Spirit

What a great weekend! In spite of the weather...very chilly on Saturday and rain all day on Sunday:( What was the best part of the weekend you ask? My children got along fabulously!...all weekend! This only happens on rare occasions...the stars must have been properly aligned? Whatever it was...it was enjoyable!
After a brief stop by the library on Saturday, to pick up some Christmas books and movies, we headed to Ocean City to go ice skating. Both of my children enjoy skating, and it's a great way for them to burn off steam when it's too cold to go outside.




A better part of Sunday was spent baking Christmas cookies. I love to bake and my daughter enjoys helping. We started with sugar cookies...how quickly I forget how involved this process is and how many cookies it yields. She was a tremendous help...rolling and cutting. I swear we rolled and cut for a solid hour...I think we ended up with about 6 or 7 dozen cookies.


After all the cookies were baked, the decorating began. I got out all the goodies and made the glaze and let the kids go to town. They had such a great time and made a HUGE mess!

I think there are cookies under all those decorations.


While they decorated a lot of cookies...there are still a lot of naked cookies. I'll be getting to work on them this week.



My son was kind to remind me that Christmas is only 11 days away...are you ready? I've still got a lot to do but I'm not stressed...yet.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend! Hope you have just as wonderful a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look scrumptious, and your children so happy! Have a blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are making our sugar cookies this Sunday I roll, cut them out and bake them the day before, and then the kids and the 2 grand kids come over and do the decorating with colored icings, and sprinkles. It is so much fun...messy but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! So many cookies! What will you do with them all? Your kids are so cute and their creations look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are just too cute. Wish I could get my grand daughter to help with the cookies! Maybe I can. They look delicious. Maybe we should have has a cookie exchange! ha ha. Thanks for stopping by. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete