Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Staring into my very soul

Sometime ago, I purchased these lampwork beads from Beth Mellor. The color, as well as the rustic look is what drew me in. And then I received them in the mail...and WOW! they were SO much better in person. It appears that there is foil encased in the glass. It's like staring into the very soul of these beads...is that possible?...almost like you could see right through them. That blue is so vibrant, take a peek in and it will whisk you away to a tropical paradise, well at least it did me.


So I hemmed and hawwed, I wanted to come up with the perfect design. An underwater, tropical paradise, fit for a queen, if you will, a...
Mermaid's Palace


All the fretting was for nothing...it came out perfect!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and beautiful......love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning beads, you can get lost in them! You did a great job with them Shelby, gorgeous bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bracelet with fabulous beads - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bracelet, Shelby! Those beads are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right, Shelby, these beads are just gorgeous!!! And so is your final piece - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's stunning, Shelby!! I too think the lampwork beads are amazing and the wirework too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post?? Such beautiful, luminous beads, and you certainly made them pop with your silver wraps and that lovely silver focal. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete