Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Preparation

Last Wednesday, a friend and I were suppose to have a metalsmithing session with a local artist. But, then came the snow and ice, and our session was rescheduled:( Bummer! Alas, we have another session scheduled for tomorrow. I'm so giddy with excitement, I can hardly wait! So in preparation for tomorrow, I broke out my jewelers saw...which I haven't used in a LONG time, except to cut jump rings...and practiced, practiced, practice cutting...straight lines, curves, and 90 degree angles.




It took a little practice to really get comfortable cutting out shapes but by the end of my practice session, I was quite please with what I had done. I'm hoping for the same success tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so much fun! I am really impressed with what you have cut out with your jeweler's saw. I wish I had the patience and skill...it does take practice. Looking forward to your new creations.

    ReplyDelete