Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's Old?

The Artbeads.com challenge this go around is "What's Old is New Again." A true challenge for me! The criteria is to use something old in your project. While I enjoy antiquing and love the look of jewelry pieces that are made using vintage items, I've never actually incorporated any "older" items in my work. I hemmed and hawed about this challenge, and maybe even considered not participating...crazy huh?!? So I decided to put the challenge on the back burner for a couple of days, get my thoughts together, and face this challenge head on! One vintage style piece coming up.



The first order of business was to come up with a vintage item to incorporate into my piece. Instead of scouring the internet for something, I turned to Artbeads.com. They have these fabulous, retro style beads that I used as the focal. It's two pieces that are wired together, a picture of a heart lock on one side and a key on the other. And, be sure the check out their great selection of TierraCast charms. I decided on the black tone heart lock and key charms to complement the focal bead.


And how can you not think of crystals when making a vintage piece. These Swarovski polygons give the necklace a pop of color and I love the shape.



Even though I got off to a rocky start with this challenge, I'm super happy that I pulled on my big girl pants and participated in this challenge.








These products were received free of charge from Artbeads.com. The products have been honestly reviewed and I have not been paid for endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

1 comment:

  1. The first pic looks a bit like it's floating on water =) Love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete