Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lampwork Class Finale

Remember the lampwork class that I took? It's finished now, and the "oh yea, I think I've got this," turned into "oh, no I don't." The class was great, afterall, it involved women bantering and melting glass! And I came home with a few souvenirs.

Day 2 of lampwork class. 6 hours. Long. We learned lots of techniques.


We continued with dots. Melting them into the bead as well as making them more dimensional. Oh, and I discovered I really like this ivory color. Looks like coffee, well with lots of cream.


Latticino twist, sounds nice right? Not too much success for me with this technique. I quickly gave up after these three beads. They are a hot mess!


Learned cones and football shape (no pictures?). A little more practice and I think I could get these to look better, same with the football. 


Moving on to Day 3. More new techniques. Class was only 3 hours, which I felt like was the perfect amount of time.


I'm digging the dots. And dots in dots. The red bead with the blob, we were trying to do the dots and give them a little twist. I only tried once but it was more difficult than it looked.


Stripes. Like!


Liked these too! Trapping air bubbles in the bead. Fun!



Now, I wish I could go back and take the same class over again. And, I have a whole new appreciation for the work involved in making lampwork beads.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate, I find lampworking really, really challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I especially like the ones with the air bubble and the cafe au latte one with the white on red dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are off to a great start. Learning the basics and fundamentals is key.
      I should post my very first beads...you have done so much better than I did when I first started. Keep it up.
      As they say in the glass beadmaking world practice, practice, practice!

      Delete