Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ouch!

Tears...Unfortunately there was a tugging battle with an access door yesterday afternoon, and the door won. Several of my fingers were cut badly, right at the crease on both hands, I had to go to the ER for a tetanus and stitches. Let me just say, I've never had stitches before, and hopefully never again, DANG! So, this brings me to some sad news (sad for me), I probably won't be seeing my bench for about a week:( I definitely couldn't coil any wire, and filing probably isn't the best idea, as I don't want to get any filings or dirt in the cuts. But, I have to look at the bright side, this will give me a chance to catch up with the "business" end, photographing, tagging, pricing, and putting a few more pieces in my Etsy shop. Plus, last week there was at least one fairly productive day, see...

 Lately, I've been wrapping more using rondelles, nothing over the top, but right now I like it

love the pyrite, it's hard to tell from the picture but they are little eye catchers

something simple

these have sold, but I think they would be a nice gift for a little girl

Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick heal!


12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that! The universe yelled at you and told you to slow down...After the Etsy business update -heres to wishing you productive sketching time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the hand...hope it heals really quickly! Enjoy your time doing other thing...!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! So sorry to hear you were hurt! Heal quickly, so I can ogle more of your beautiful work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, that sounds awful. But you've got a great attitude to what to do with your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, Shelby...sorry to hear that! Hope they heal fast! Love all those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ouch, so sorry about your fingers! The jewelry is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelby, how did this happen?? This sounds so awful, not to mention painful!!! And I hope you didn't have to drive yourself to the ER! I'm so sorry about this. I hope your fingers heal quickly. And please don't push yourself...the pliers can wait. :-)
    Your new earrings, btw, are out of this world beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry Shelby...I cringed just reading this. Please take care and I am sending healing thoughts for a quick recovery. Life is telling you to slow down.
    I always love your pieces, sterling is my favorite and your pieces are always so classically pure and simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you last night, so sorry about your fingers. You'll be back at the bench before you know it. Love all of the new designs, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about that! My son did the same thing, last year in school, I had to take him to get 6 stitches on one little finger... so I know it was very unpleasant for you! Hope it heals soon! The earrings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete