Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update Etsy

This coming week I'm going to really try to update some of the pictures in my etsy shop. This is a real challenge for me. I hate taking pictures of my jewelry....the colors are not as vibrant and I feel like the photo doesn't do my pieces justice. Anyway, I want to update my photo because I want to add a prop and/or change the background of my photos so that my jewelry "pops". The current pictures are ok but kind of boring to look at. I know I'm tired of looking at those pictures. I want people to get excited when they see one of my pieces. How can one get excited looking at a photo that doesn't grab your eye?

I spend a lot of time photographing my jewelry piece. I try to take at least 20 photos. Of those I only get about half a dozen photo that I feel are acceptable. I will not post a picture of a piece that did not photograph well. Poor pictures reflect badly on a shop. Do you muddle through poor photos in a shop because you know that the item probably looks better in person? That's a hard sell.

At any rate that's one of the things on my to do list this week, along with getting my Christmas shopping finished (which I have a really good handle on).......getting my wrapping done, Thursday is my children's last day of school.......my daughter's gymnastics....candlelight service at school.....my dad's birthday, oh I need a gift.....teacher gifts......stuff for class parties...2 kids birthday parties this coming weekend.....well you get the idea. So I'm going to put update photos on my list of things to do but it will probably end up at the bottom of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment